Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 20 & 21- April 5, 2020

This weekend has been busy!  We finished the chicken coop!  Whoop, whoop!  The girls are very happy to be out of the barn and into their new space.  We completed it with an old tractor tire they can climb on.  The worst part was not the building, but the cleaning out the stall they were living over the winter.  TOTALLY GROSS!  Good thing we had masks for the RONA.  It helped a little bit with the stench.  I did laugh at Adam gagging while shoveling.... it was the best entertainment in weeks!  LOL. 


Day 1

She is complete!

Happy Chickens!

I had the job of re-fencing once side of the horse pasture and clearing brush for the last few days.  I get an A+ in electric fence circuits.  :)   I also ripped out our cattle panel fence to utilize the shed more this summer.  My body tells me today that I'm in fact, getting old!  Holy cow am I sore from ripping out brush, moving panels, and 12 hours of raking.  The horses visited and did a few rolls in the dirt for me.  Mia was quite entertained.  Brad was more into building his bridge over the drainage ditch.  To each their own!  I'm sure this bridge will be epic by the time quarantine is over.   Brad just hopes it doesn't wash away next time we get a big rain.  

You see me rollin....

Had to clear the whole right side.... my body tells me today I did a good job!  Ouch!

Brad down in the valley engineering his bridge.
We watched church this evening after a long day outside.  We only had one piece of green construction paper, so we had to be creative with out palm branch making.  The kids read John 12:12-13 about Palm Sunday.  

Brad's palm art.

Mia's palm art

My cabinet is getting full!!!


It was a beautiful weekend with the sun shining!  I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy it for a moment!

Love- The Ruley Family



No comments:

Post a Comment